The hair spa is not just helpful for hair, but it also helps to combat depression.
Massage also increases the body's production of serotonin and dopamine. There are five steps of a hair spa: applying a shampoo, applying a hair mask, massaging the scalp, steaming, and rinsing.
However, have you ever wondered whether such a treatment would suit your hair's long-term health and if it's worth splurging your hard-earned money?
Let us quickly understand the advantages and disadvantages of a hair spa.
1. Boosts blood circulation: A hair spa, along with relaxing one's mind, also helps enhance blood flow and soften the skin of the scalp. The head massage makes it easier for the hair follicles to receive essential nutrients and oxygen, making the hair stronger and thicker.
2. Regulates sebum production in the scalp: Our scalp produces a natural oily substance called sebum from sebaceous glands, which helps keep the hair healthy and moisturized. However, excess sebum production can result in clogged pores, dead cells, and dirt. On the other hand, too low sebum production can result in an itchy scalp and dull hair. To combat these problems, hair spa treatments aim at regulating the sebum production on your scalp to help you achieve healthy hair.
3. Reverse damage and frizz: A hair spa can help repair damaged and frizzy hair by using conditioning procedures that infuse essential nutrients to the hair strands to bring back the lost moisture and hydration to promote health and hydrated tresses. Apart from that, a hair massage is a vital step for any spa treatment, which helps stimulate the hair follicles on the scalp, and helps improve the hair's condition.
4. Removes impurities and unclogs scalp pores: The use of several hair cosmetics, which include chemicals in them, along with environmental pollution, can lead the scalp to have clogged pores. The skin needs a clean scalp as clogged pores on the scalp can lead to several issues, such as dandruff and hair fall. A hair spa treatment helps unclog pores, eventually leading to clean and healthy hair and scalp.
5. Reduces stress and soothes the mind: Hair spa treatments are a way to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. The head massage and shampooing procedures help you de-stress. Massage therapy provides around a 50 percent reduction in stress levels.
6. Reduces dandruff: Dandruff is one of the most common issues that people with dry scalp face, especially during winter. Dandruff can cause itchiness in the scalp, which could lead to damaged hair follicles that negatively affect hair growth. A moisturizing hair spa would be helpful to get rid of dandruff, encouraging hair development and luster in the hair.
1. Consistency is essential for results: Hair Spa treatments must be done regularly to show results. It is necessary to follow a hair care regime which can be taxing if you have a busy schedule.
2. Isn't pocket-friendly for everyone: Hair spa treatment sessions are quite expensive and typically start from Rs.800 and can go up to Rs.3000, depending on the salon, as professionally trained experts conduct these treatments. Many people need help to shell out the required amount every few months as it can drain their pockets. However, a possible solution to this problem could be looking out for a DIY hair spa that can be done from the comfort of your own home that works best for your hair.
3. May fade the hair color: While you may love spending time at a salon and getting a hair spa treatment, there can be a hurdle if you have colored hair. In this case, discuss this with your hair spa therapist and work out a possible solution. By doing this, you will get the maximum benefits from your hair spa while maintaining your colored hair.
4. Getting a hair spa alone won't help: Nutritionists and healthcare experts believe a diet enriched with proteins, vitamins, folic acid, and other essential nutrients is vital for healthy, luscious hair. Hence, it is important to care for your hair by having a healthy and balanced diet alongside a hair spa. In addition, one must protect their hair from harmful UV rays as that can also cause hair damage. Yoga is another way to improve hair growth.
5. Chances of hair loss: Several research studies have shown that the strong chemicals used in spas' hair treatment processes can lead to severe hair loss and damage instead of hydrating and nourishing it. If someone is already dealing with hair loss issues, they should consult a dermatologist and then decide to go for any hair cosmetic therapies.
Many people are not aware that their hair depicts their health condition. Hence, it is essential to nourish them and take proper care. The benefits of hair spa treatments include nourished hair and a healthy scalp. However, maintaining the condition of your hair after a hair spa is just as crucial as obtaining one. Consult a hair spa professional about the best action to maintain them well.